The Office of Victim Assistance & Safe Environment
Adult Safe Environment Training Instructions
The Archdiocese of San Antonio mandates that all clergy, employees, candidates for ordination, and volunteers who have contact with children or youth must be trained in abuse prevention. Training is required to be renewed every three years. Refusal to complete the Adult Safe Environment Training will result in removal from ministry. Training can be conducted at a training location or online.
- Go to www.archsa.org
- Click on the Child Protection page
- Click on the Safe Environment Training tab
- Click on the Protecting God’s Children link
- Create a login and password
- Enter your personal information
- Select your ministry location
- Select any alternate locations
- Select your ministry and identify your position
- Click "NO" for already attending a Virtus Protecting God’s Children
- Select a training date or scroll to the bottom and select the online option (offered
both in English and Spanish)
Once training is complete and your record has been approved (within 24 hours), you will be able to print your certificate. For questions on training or on the registration process, contact the Office of Victim Assistance & Safe Environment at 210-734-7786 or email@example.com.